April 14, 2008

Anything Goes?











This weekend the fam and I went the hs production of Anything Goes. The outfits reminded me that I MUST MUST MUST begin my decade dress posting. Thats right....from the 50s to the 80s I will search the internet for clothes, style, and most importantly, fashion!




First things first...50s!




-Think dresses, high waisted skirts, polka dots, and curly hair


-Look at the lady in the picture!!!! She has splendiforous gloves that I wish I had!!!


-Wear some white tights just like Alice in Wonderland!
-Saddle shoes were big in the 50s...try some on and skip down the street.
-If you need to carry some books, why not use a satchel?
-As for make-up, thick liquid eyeliner, red lipstick, and false eyelashes will do!

-Channel Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Loren, and Audrey Hepburn for a fifties look!
-Wear cardigans with full skirts.
-Brooches, costume beads, and corsages complete the 50s look!
NOW GO...search through your closets for the perfect 50s outfit!!
Daily Favs:
Song
Pumpkin Soup
by Kate Nash
Site
More 50s style
Outfit
Blue Old Navy Cardigan $20
White Umbrella Tank $10 Delias
Delias Jeans
White Converses
Ta ta for now dearys!!










2 comments:

jess said...

what i great post that would have been so helpful thursday

Caroline said...

i was in that play, Anything Goes. my costume actually looked a bit like the dress you put up...and the shoes are gorgeous, I want a pair. your blog is so cool, i linked you!!

~caroline